These white papers describe the performance and capacity impact of specific feature sets included in Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010. These white papers describe the performance and capacity impact of specific feature sets included in SharePoint Server 2010. These white papers include information about the performance and capacity characteristics of the feature and how it was tested by Microsoft, including:
- Test farm characteristics
- Test results
- Troubleshooting performance and scalability
What Others Are Downloading
Others who downloaded SharePoint Server 2010 performance and capacity test results and recommendations also downloaded:
- Capacity management and sizing for SharePoint Server 2010
- SharePoint Server 2010 capacity management: software boundaries and limits
- Topologies for SharePoint Server 2010
- Databases That Support SharePoint 2010 Products
- Extranet Topologies for SharePoint 2010 Products
Capacity management describes the concepts you need to understand to successfully determine the appropriate capacity for your Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 environment. This white paper provides you with the information that helps you:
- Understand the concepts behind effective capacity management.
- Define performance and capacity targets for your environment.
- Select the appropriate data architecture.
- Choose hardware to support the number of users and the features you intend to deploy.
- Test, validate, and adjust your environment to achieve your performance and capacity targets.
- Monitor and adjust your environment to match demand.