Use SharePoint Server 2010 for business decisions, processes, and tools to handle crises. Want to read this on your e-reader? See the Overview section below for details.
Version: 03-15-11 Date Published: 3/15/2011 Language: English
Microsoft has developed the Productivity Hub to help support your ongoing end user training efforts.
The Hub is a SharePoint Server site collection that serves as a learning community and is fully customizable. It provides a central place for your training efforts, and includes training content from Microsoft’s core products. Microsoft also provides ongoing and updated content packs.
The Hub uses SharePoint Server’s social networking capabilities, such as blogs and discussion groups. In addition, it offers the Coach program, a change management feature to help you train end users to self-help, reducing the burden on your training and IT staff. The Coach program impacts productivity in a collaborative and positive way.
The 2010 version of the Productivity Hub includes a quiz feature, a section called ‘Get it Done’ that offers training for tasks such as email management and collaboration, and also features Silverlight. There will be a non-Silverlight version of the 2010 Hub delivered in late June.
The 2007 Hub contains 2007 content only (v2) with 2010 content added in v3 (to be released in June 2010). You can also add 2010 content packages to your current Hub. Watch for more document on migration from your 2007 Hub to your 2010 Hub.
What the Productivity Hub is:
- Format: Pre-loaded SharePoint site collection, optimized for Web 2.0 functionality and easily deployed within SharePoint Server 2007 or SharePoint 2010 environment, depending on version
- Content: Convenient end user productivity training in a variety of formats (documents, videos, podcasts, etc.). Receive free quarterly updates of content that you will learn about through the Productivity blog.
- Blog: The Productivity blog offers tips and tricks for end user productivity. Use it as is, or your training staff can use the posts as their own to help them get started in running an internal blog.
- Train the trainer: Includes IT/Manager section to aid with deployment of the site collection, and guidance to develop the Coach program
- Products: Office 2007 and Office 2010 (including SharePoint Server 2007 and SharePoint 2010), Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8, Project, Visio, Live Meeting, and Communicator
You can also download additional content packages that expand the training materials you can make available through the Hub.
Microsoft SQL Server Code-Named “Denali” CTP1 is the next release of Microsoft SQL Server. Books Online is the primary documentation for SQL Server.
SQL Server code-named 'Denali' helps empowers organizations to be more agile in today’s competitive market. Customers will more efficiently deliver mission-critical solutions through a highly scalable and available platform. Industry-leading tools help developers quickly build innovative applications while data integration and management tools help deliver credible data reliably to the right users and extended managed self-service BI capabilities enable meaningful insights.
With SQL Server code-named 'Denali' customers will benefit from the following added investments:
- Enhanced mission-critical platform: A highly available and scalable platform designed to with greater flexibility, lower TCO, ease of use, and the performance required by the most mission-critical applications.
- Developer and IT Productivity: New additional tools will help developers build innovative applications with reduced time-to-market while IT professionals benefit from greater operational control and ease of use.
- Pervasive Insight: Stunning new managed self-service experiences for end users and holistic data integration and management tools will help deliver consistent, credible data to the right users at the right time.
First step on a new version of SharePoint 15 with DENALI ??
The Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Common Criteria Guide describes how to setup Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V to meet the same security conditions used by the Common Criteria (CC) evaluation. This guide is a supplement to the Hyper-V™ Security Guide (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd569113.aspx), Windows Server 2008 Security Guide, and Windows Server 2003 Security Guide published by Microsoft. The last two guides are available in the Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=113939). The Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Common Criteria Guide is primarily for IT professionals, security specialists, network architects, computer engineers, and other IT consultants who plan application or infrastructure development and deployments of Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V in an enterprise environment. It is not intended for home users.
The Silverlight PivotViewer Сontrol is a new way to display SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Search Results. It's another way to interact with massive amounts of data on the web in ways that are powerful, informative, and valuable. Tested on FAST Search 2010. Should works for SharePoint standart and enterprise search too.
Use Microsoft PivotViewer control http://www.silverlight.net/learn/pivotviewer/
SharePoint People Search Pivot Viewer WebPart
Sur la chaine vidéos de l'édition 2011 des Microsoft TechDays 2011 : FAST & SharePoint 2010 - Internet a énormément évolué: en passant de portail style Yahoo/MSN à des moteurs de recherche comme Bing/Google, l’internaute a montré que ce qui comptait était la rapidité d’accéder à l’information. Offrez à votre entreprise la même philosophie en transformant votre portail intranet en portail basé sur la recherche. A travers cette session nous découvrirons Faste Search For SharePoint et ce qu'il offre out of the box en abordant sa configuration. Ensuite nous aborderons le développement de Faste Search For SharePoint en personnalisant l'interface de recherche mais aussi le traitement de l'information afin que la recherche s'adapte à l'utilisateur et à l'entreprise et devienne une véritable application métier. De nombreuses personnes sont allés à la rencontre des speakeurs Xavier Vanneste / ICT7 et Nicolas Schmit le 10 Février 2010 aux TECHDAYS 2011
Xavier Vanneste – ICT7
firstname.lastname@example.org / http://blog.xvanneste.com
Nicolas Schmitt – Microsoft
The Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit includes presentations, hands-on labs, and demos. This content is designed to help you learn how to utilize the Visual Studio 2010 features and a variety of framework technologies including:
- C# 4
- Visual Basic 10
- Parallel Extensions
- Windows Communication Foundation
- Windows Workflow
- Windows Presentation Foundation
- Silverlight 4
- ASP.NET 4
- Windows 7
- Entity Framework
- ADO.NET Data Services
- Managed Extensibility Framework
- Visual Studio Team System
- Windows Azure
These white papers describe the performance and capacity impact of specific feature sets included in SharePoint Server 2010. These white papers include information about the performance and capacity characteristics of the feature and how it was tested by Microsoft, including:
For a complete list of white papers and articles related to performance and capacity test results and recommendations, see Performance and capacity test results and recommendations (SharePoint Server 2010).
- Test farm characteristics
- Test results
- Troubleshooting performance and scalability